Join #TeamYST today and run to support our mission to make a real difference to the health and happiness of young people and their families.
Our children are in crisis. Too many of our children continue to face health and wellbeing challenges. Unhappy unhealthy children don’t learn effectively. If children don’t learn they don’t achieve their potential in life and we don’t have a society fit for the future.
- 2.2 million children are active for less than 30 minutes a day (Sport England 2022)
- Only 47% of all children and young people in the UK are meeting the Chief Medical Officer guidelines of taking part in sport and physical activity (Sport England, 2022)
Sport and play have the power to improve physical and mental health, foster inclusion and develop character and leadership skills. Not only is physical activity, PE, play and sport vital for the future health of our nation, it’s also a critical tool to improve mental, social and emotional wellbeing and academic attainment. When children play, they are happy and feel a sense of belonging. When children are physically active, they are healthy and achieve.
- 237,981 young people the opportunity to enjoy the life-changing benefits of sport and play through our programmes
- 86,897 young people training to become young leaders to their peers
- 13,203 teachers, coaches and practitioners training to lead good quality inclusive sport and Physical Education.
When you join #TeamYST, you’ll receive:
- A complimentary YST running top
- A fundraising pack with ideas to help you meet your fundraising target
- Support from our team to help with your fundraising
- A warm fuzzy feeling of knowing that you are helping to give more children a happy and healthy childhood.
The Youth Sport Trust is battling for young people’s physical, social and emotional wellbeing. We need YOUR help to build brighter futures for young people. Become a Changemaker today and join #TeamYST in our fundraising mission. By joining #TeamYST you’re ensuring that even more young people can enjoy the life-changing benefits that come through taking part in sport and play.
For more information about Youth Sport Trust, get in touch by emailing [email protected] or call 01509 462900.
Sign up now to be part of our team.